This position is ultimately responsible for following through with daily work orders that are assigned by dispatch. The overall well upkeep of the truck, equipment, company property, and customer property is also a pertinent part of the roll-off service technicians role.
This positions daily tasks are to include, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining weekly truck PM’s
- Tracking all mileage and downtime
- Tracking and recording notes in work orders
- Operating roll-off truck under OSHA laws
- Knowledge and operating work tablet
- Report any unsafe situations to Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, and/or Dispatch
- Work closely with dispatch to improve route efficiencies and practice
- Notify Operations Manager / Operations Supervisor of all incidents ex. Injuries, accidents, or property damages
- Notify Operations Manager or Dispatcher of service interruptions (example. Blocked containers, closed lots, street alleyways, potential safety hazards)
- Communicate customer request to Dispatcher, or Operations Supervisor
- Positions and/or returns restrooms to the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and/or doors are properly replaced and do not block driveway entrance or traffic.
- Follow all route duties as directed by dispatch, Operations Supervisor, or Operations Manager.
- Assist other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Properly clean restroom units to company standards (refer to process)
- Able to perform their own pre/post trip inspections and prep truck for the next day.
This role is meant for a person who feels that is highly self-motivated, can multitask, and follow through with action plans set by the Dispatcher. This position’s performance is based on Safety, Quality, Productivity, and maintaining a valid license.