J Bar Contractor’s Services provides a full line of construction site services including roll-off dumpsters, sanitary restrooms, luxury restrooms, and crane service. We are a family-owned business that takes great pride in the service that we provide our customers, and we make a great effort to provide a motivating and inclusive work culture. We are a fast-growing organization and are looking to build a team that will expand and grows with us.
As a J Bar Business Development Specialist, you will be the voice and initial point of contact for our ever-growing company. We will rely on you to use your exceptional business development and account management skills to understand the needs of interested parties and turn them into loyal customers. You must be ambitious, outgoing, and persuasive, with a love for calling on customers, building relationships, and selling our equipment and services.
The short-term plan for a person in this role is extensive. Firstly, J Bar is in search of someone who has an elite Sales “Hunter’s Mentality”. This position’s initial main focus will be to enter a brand new territory for J Bar and saturate the market with “who J Bar is”, “J Bar stands for” and “what J Bar can bring to the table for potential new customers’ businesses”. For an individual to be successful in this position, they must be able to communicate effectively, excel at multitasking, stay organized, and work well under time constraints while paying critical attention to details. It is imperative that the person in this role works well under pressure and be a team player.
The Business Development Specialist will need to follow one of J Bar’s core values… Self-Employed Mentality. As the sole voice for J Bar in an expanding market, this LEADER will need to have the mindset that they are the owner of our company and every move that they make on a daily basis will determine the success of J Bar’s future. As the business develops in this new territory, it is expected that this LEADER will transition into a management role for the region and lead his team into further expansion.
Sales responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Three years of sales, account management, business development, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the construction business required.
- “Book of Business” – Contacts in the construction or equipment rental industry required
- This role is meant for a person who is highly motivated, very detail-oriented, can multitask, and follow through with action plans set by the Sales Manager.
- Exceptional relationship-building and communication skills and the ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of the company and with existing and new customers
- Strong planning, problem-solving and negotiation abilities, exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Generate profitable sales in both new and existing accounts
- Make sales calls to existing and new customers
- Attend meetings and do job walks and/or site visits
- Work with accounting to set up customer accounts per company policy
- Work with dispatch and managers to plan, organize and schedule daily activities for crew members and equipment as needed
- Proficiency with Google suite and Windows-based computers, Office programs (Word, Excel), web-based and job-specific software applications
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Operational responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete service including pump out, cleaning, and sanitizing of portable sanitary restrooms out on rent, being delivered, or being removed from a site.
- Maintain weekly truck PM’s
- Entering of all mileage, downtime, and recording of notes within work orders.
- Operating a vacuum pump truck under OSHA laws
- Knowledge of operating tablet
- Report any unsafe situations to Safety Supervisor, Route Manager, and Dispatch
- Notify Route Manager / Supervisor of all incidents ex. Injuries, accidents, or property damages
- Notify Operations Route Manager or Dispatcher of service interruptions (example. Blocked units, closed lots, street alleyways, potential safety hazards)
- Communicate customer request to appropriate Departments
- Positions and/or returns restrooms to the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and/or doors are properly replaced and do not block driveway entrance or traffic.
- Able to perform their own pre/post-trip inspections and prep truck for the next day.
Supervisory requirements include but are not limited to:
- Advanced Customer Service and Organizational Skills
- Geographical knowledge of service area and efficiency in using mapping software
- Two years related experience and/or training in customer service
- Make sure Policies and Procedures are being enforced and are applicable.
- Notify the Route Manager of all incidents. (ex. accidents, or property damage)
- Ensure that all work orders are completed and work closely with Dispatch to improve route efficiency and practices.
- Make sure that drivers have the tools they need to perform their jobs and work with the Procurement Specialist to manage inventory needs.
- HR duties include hiring, disciplining, and termination of employees; following J-Bar Policies and Procedures, and with the consultation of Management.
- Complete special projects as requested by Management.
- Meet weekly goals as a part of the J-Bar team.
- Report weekly Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I.’s) as directed by Management.
- Work directly with the Fleet Manager to ensure repairs and maintenance of trucks and equipment are performed.
- Ability to attend company meetings, staff meetings, and monthly Corporate meetings
- Maintain J Bar’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Will be dependent upon cumulative experience and negotiated through the hiring process
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 + Commissions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year